My client operates one of the leading and fastest growing online brokerage businesses in Europe, executing more than 91 million paperless securities transactions per annum. More than 2 million customers are serviced via the company’s brands and offered a wide range of independent products at competitive pricing, based on a modern, in-house state-of-the-art technology.
With the acquisition of a dutch bank in July 2020 my client became the largest retail online broker in Europe. In a time of bank consolidation, low interest rates and digitalization, the group is thus ideally positioned for further growth. Until 2026, my client aims to serve 7-8 million customers and execute at least 250-350 million transactions per year – even in a year with only low volatility.
EMEA Head of IT Risk Management and IT Security (m/f/d)
Supports all ongoing information security activities to effectively protect business operations. This includes the administrative management of staff in EMEA, coordination of cross boarder activities, local issue resolution, new project and process implementation / rollout in the region and ensures that service level agreements and deliverables are met consistently and that continuous process improvement occurs on a global basis.
- Provide consistent IT Risk Management and Security management (ITRS) support and required management attention across EMEA when necessary to coordinate the global ITRS organizational management structure.
- Legal View Manager for all ITRS personnel in the organization helping to coordinate ITRS activities in EMEA and items that can only be done by local management.
- Avoid / resolve issues with new IT Compliance team and other local teams.
- Help effectively position ITRS global services with local management.
- Align ITRS work with appropriate ITRS teams and support global management view structure and reinforce global service design concept.
- Help manage and coordinate the cyber project portfolio, support execution of cyber security strategy, engage local operations and help with any trouble spots in program and negotiate suitable resolutions with out of time zone teams.
- Engage local entity on ITRS related topics, issues or escalations coming up across the different countries and transfer information/responsibility to appropriate tower leads to action and track closure.
- Make sure things get done for ITRS and help organize planning activities so ITRS viewpoints are appropriately represented.
- Support coordination of ITRS activities and process changes in collaboration with the teams and help streamline key ITRS processes including Compliance Gate global replacement, Governance Risk & Compliance rollout, information asset identification and Cyber Service Operations Standardization.
- Support local advancement and global standardization of process such as Security Incident Management, technology patterns adoption.
- Hiring coordination, performance management, salary and retention related actions.
- Ensure that personnel compensation and hiring processes are appropriate and identify any issues to be resolved in talent market including global equity and diversity goals.
- Outstanding leadership competency and at least 10-15 years of relevant professional management experience in IT Security or IT related areas as defined above.Leadership of IT Risk/Security teams and functions in highly complex international environments.
- Excellent understanding and experience in EMEA IT and Security operations.
- Strong knowledge in Security and Risk Frameworks: ISO, CoBit, ISF and NIST.
- Excellent project management, writing, communication and negotiation skills, especially proficient understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management and operations.
- A strong manager and leader with a high focus on collaboration, mentorship and enablement.
- Ability to support local / global team development and strong skills in relationship management and problem solving in an international context.
- Consulting and collaborative working style creating a culture of accountability and sharing.
- Escalation and change management knowledge and outstanding organizational skills.
- University degree, preferably in IT or similar qualification.
- Willingness to travel and coordinate across EMEA region.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation or other information security certifications is preferred.